Saturday, June 23, 2007

Intro - First post!

I am doing this to keep a record of my running and other fitness activities. I am a 44 year old married guy in Chandler Arizona. I usually run 20 to 25 miles a week, with gym workouts thrown in on some off days. I usually run from either my house in Chandler (very close to the Western canal and 101 freeway crossing) or my office in Scottsale (Raintree and 101 area).

I have been running now for about three years and have run a few 5 and 10k's over that time. I am going to start more or less daily posts of my activities and am going to try to backfill as much as I can remember to get some stuff on here.

I currently run with a diamond rio mp3 player with a 512M card in it, it holds around a 100 songs. I listen to hard rock and heavy metal very loudly, it one of the things I love most about running. Currently my player is heavy with Ill Nino, Hellyeah, 40 Below Summer and Mushroomhead, along with a few songs from half a dozen other bands.

The mileage for my runs is based on gps data from my Magellan Explorist 400. For what its worth, it's pretty much perfect as a running gps, about the size of a cell phone, accurate to within like 10 feet and has the map software to see the routes on the computer screen. I use it for camping and hiking as well.

No comments: