Monday, June 30, 2008

Vegas yoga bonk

Yesterday morning I had the genius idea of running to the Bikram on the strip studio, doing a class and running back to the Hilton. I ran there, about 2 miles. The studio turned out to be pretty seedy compared to the Tempe place, and the staff wasn't very friendly. About half way thru the standing series I started having real problems doing poses, getting extremely woozy. I had to sit out some of the last poses. After a couple floor poses I had to get up and leave the room, never done that before. I laid down and missed about 1/3 of the floor series, came back in and finished the remaining poses after camel. After class I sat around for a half hour trying to recover enough to run back to the hotel. I got about 50 steps and realized that wasn't going to happen, I ended up walking the whole way back, catching the monorail for the last bit. What a drag, I haven't abused myself like that in a long, long time.

No comments: